Mi princesa came home from her dad's house last week only to tell me that she's going to miss me when I die. Perplexed I asked what she meant. That when I die she was going to miss me so much. She was so sad. She needed me to hold her. We had a little talk and I thought that was the end of it.
Later in talking with my parents I learned I had a favorite cemetery. Also when I die she's going put me in a box and take me to it. (Which, by the way, happens to be the Farmington one, according to mi princesa).
Yesterday as I went to renew my license she wanted to keep my paper copy. (You get the original in the mail in a couple of weeks). I told her I needed it. She then asked if she could have it when I die. A little surprised told her she could. She replied, "I'm going to put it on my dresser when you die." I'm not sure if it's a phase she is going through or she's just learning about death.
I have a good friend whose husband died 1 1/2 years ago. We have been spending some time with them. (She has two kids that are mi princesas friends. So I'm thinking she just overheard us discuss some things.)
No comments:
Post a Comment