Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kindergarten

Yes, it's true Batgirl will start Kindergarten. I know. I'm not old enough to have a child in kindergarten...or she's not old enough to go to Kindergarten right? She's just a baby.

Well, I finally made the drive (so I could have walked only two blocks) to get the papers to register her. I talked to the secretary for a minute and turns out we are in the boundaries. We have to travel miles to another school. For reals. I was flabbergasted. Seriously. Luckily money can buy everything. . . ha .ha not really, but they did say that if I filled out a paper and added $5 I could come or rather she could come to school there. They were almost pleading. They don't have too many Kindergarten age children. And so after hours of paper work...she will at last start school next week. Wow, wish me luck. I'm going to need something to do. :)

3 comments:

girlygirl said...

Finally - someone else who is not ready to say goodbye to the preschool years! I don't think I am going to be able to let her go -I am so homeschooling! :)

granny said...

School is such an opportunity for them to spread their wings...I'm a definite fan. But I admit to experiencing some of your same emotions. Even this year when my baby entered 9th grade! :)

I just read your comment on my blog. I don't mind at all...I stalk yours regularly. Makes me feel a little more connected to my far-away family. Just to warn you, my blog isn't very cool. haha. I can barely struggle through posting a picture. Technostress baby. That is me.

Karolyn said...

Five bucks seems like a good deal for the school of your choice. I'm so glad that she gets to go to the school that's closer. I'm not looking forward to the little miss starting kindergarten at all.