Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm Fat

On my mission, my trainer would always say, "So what are you saying, I'm fat." I seem to say that a lot since then. It's not because I believe in any way that I am fat, but it's just fun to say. Andrew and I were talking the other night and he called me on it. He told me there is no way I am any where near fat. I then told him that I had gained a gut in the years that I've known him. (He thinks I might be a little anorexic.) I explained this to him: I don't necessarily think I'm fat, but I could use some toning, he agreed, but added that he loves me no matter what.

I always had pretty tight abs, till my mission and then Batgirl arrived. Now, I got a gut. It's not huge, except when I eat a lot. :) The problem is I love Haagen Dazs. The kind that have vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate with almonds.

It's divine. Or Pan Dulce. (I didn't even think I liked gingerbread until I met "marranitos.") I couldn't find a picture of ombligos de pancha, and I love conchas too. I could eat then whenever. I could be full to the brim and I will still eat either of them. It's an addiction. Yes, I am an addict. It's not just food in general, it's just ones that have special places in my heart. (iceberg chocolate malts)

My friend Polly mentioned to me the other day, when I told her I was fat, which really means I need to get in shape and toned, "this from the girl whose doctor prescribed her one ice cream shake a day to gain weight." Those were the days. When I had to eat shakes to try to gain weight. My older brother gladly aided me in the cause.

So I am going to make a conscious effort to get in shape, without leaving my loves behind. We can do it together. One friend was telling me about P90X. I used to do kickboxing and I loved it, then the gym moved and the classes changed. Any suggestions, please help.

Clarification: I do not think I'm fat, but I would like to get toned.


5 comments:

Kate said...

Sylvia, you should join in the fun at http://angieinshape.blogspot.com... Emily and I have been playing along for a while now... You might not have met her yet, but Angie is one of your awesome cousins-by-marriage too!

MJ said...

Sounds like you have a mean case of "Skinny Fat". Join the club. :)

girlygirl said...

I think we should all do it together. I'm seriously considering resuming my no white flour, no refined sugar scenario for a while - oh, and no Diet Cokes either. Ugh, maybe I should just give up food all together!

Francisca and Chris said...

LOL! I understand the feeling! I know I'm not fat either but I still miss that nice toned body I once had... but food tastes too good!

Cindy said...

vivan los marranitos!!