Monday, June 29, 2009

Owie

I got a different nurse today. Let's just say it brought tears to my eyes. Batgirl always like to be around to make sure they take good care of me. She was worried. For some reason the RN thought it would be fun to thread the remain 1/2 to 1 inch of tubing into my arm. And if that wasn't enough her glove was caught onto the sticky points of the cross bow that holds the line in place. I was almost bawling by the end. I told her it was hurting and she just apologized the rest of the time. Needless to say my arm still hurts. More than the original incision. Go figure.

I called the on call RN later to see if I could do anything. She said not at this point. Just take tylenol for the pain and watch the opening. If the tubing wasn't cleaned properly then it could cause an infection. Now I have to watch out for fever, redness and swelling. Lucky me!

No comments: