Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Power

Power went out fourty minutes before my in laws were to arrive for dinner. Just in time to cook the rolls and potatoes. We cut the potatoes from the menu and cooked the rolls on the grill. They were a bit flat but it didn't take away from the taste. Overall the meal was a success. Chicken and steak kabobs, copycat of Olive Garden salad (which was yummy) and rolls.
Now I will enjoy a quiet evening and hope the power comes on before the food spoils. Odd that our power has been out twice in two weeks. Both at night for at least four hours.


This is the view I get during his bottle. His dad finally noticed his blue eyes.



This I took yesterday after I heard the loss of an old co-workers nephew. He was just turned one in November. I kissed Flash and hugged him. I said a prayer for Beck's family. I even cried a little (shadeclothing.com then click on the blog for more info). He had a contagious smile.

1 comment:

ames said...

Batgirl cracks me up. My Sadie wants to be Mexican so bad. She thinks she looks Mexican because she gets so dark in the summer. She pretends she speaks spanish and speaks it all the time. She is begging me to sign her up for a summer spanish class. I don't know where she gets it from. Her favorite food is tacos too.