Saturday, June 26, 2010

Amistad

Spent a few hours with these beautiful ladies the other night.


Pobrecita has RSV. She's a fighter.


Mira su sonrisa.

Estoy agradecida por ellas.

Placticamos mucho. Nos reĆ­mos y lloramos un poco.

I've been struggling lately with how much time to devote on amistades including familia. I've taken a break from FB and no one noticed. I think I want to do without the account for now. It was good for a while, but now I want to focus on real amistades. The old fashioned kind where you call people on phone and chat. Heaven forbid you actually make an effort to go to lunch or drop off cookies or visit just because.

It's refreshing.

I love it.

Maybe it's because I went so long without it. Maybe it's because that's what I need to do right now. Maybe it's because that's how amistades are. Facebook is good for quanity but right now I'm working on quality. Maybe that will change in the future, but for now I'm enjoying old fashioned amigos via emails, cards or phone calls.

I enjoyed mi amigas point of view on amigos:

Some friends are there for moments in are lives and then we both move on. Others are more lifetime friends. The ones you want around for your lifetime.

2 comments:

runningfan said...

Hey, I've missed you! I haven't had a computer for a week. But even though I'm not totally sure what the translation for "amistades" is....I get the difference between real relationships and online ones! I'm glad you're enjoying the in-person variety. :)

Tara said...

I better be considered a lifetime friend...even though we don't see each other often, we always pick back up. Love ya sister. PS Did notice you weren't on FB you punk!