Wednesday, June 2, 2010

PBB

I should be packing and doing laundry, but that's for another post. I've told my sister I would post this about a month ago...and life got in the way. Here it is. Enjoy. And save me a few. (I can't make this recipe or I will eat the whole pan. It's not good for my thighs but even worse on my tummy. I have a low tolerance for Peanut Butter. It's not fair, since I <3 PB).

Peanut Butter Bars
3/4 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
3/4 C peanut butter
2 eggs
1 t Vanilla
1/2 t salt
3/4 t baking soda
1&1/2 C flour
1&1/2 C oats 

Cream sugars, shortening and peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Spread in a jelly roll pan with floured hands. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 mins. Allow to cool slightly. 


Spread a layer of peanut butter over bars while still warm. (It's divine if you add a dab of milk and powdered sugar to the peanut butter and it's easier to spread. I also use a knife to spread instead of a spatula or rubber scraper. It's much easier when it's warm). Cool completely and top with chocolate frosting. (I actually frost and eat them before they have cooled completely. I have not self control).

I love this chocolate frosting, but you could always buy it too. 

1/3 C butter
1/2 C cocoa
4&1/2 C powdered sugar
1&1/2 t vanilla
1/4 C milk

Cream all ingredients but milk. Then gradually add the milk. It makes a generous amount. 

Then share with those you love the most. And it helps to get a cute model that enjoys it. Notice one in each hand? Let me know and the next time I make them I can share with you. :)




4 comments:

runningfan said...

You are the second friend who posted a recipe for a peanut butter and chocolate confection today! Those look absolutely divine...and just when I'm trying to be good! I'll bookmark for later. :)

The Wizzle said...

I am so making these this afternoon. I also have no self-control, and today is a day desperately in need on peanut butter bars!

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

MMM... those look SO yummy! Love, Bekah

Tara said...

TASTY! Anything PB and Chocolate is good in my book!