-Christmas morning: Batgirl shared a story with me. "Mom, I woke up at 2 am and Santa had come. I was so excited! I didn't feel right about opening my presents so I just waited for you guys to wake up."
-One morning over Christmas Break: Batgirl mentions over breakfast, "I had a scary dream last night. I was so scared. I knelt in my bed and said a prayer. Then I fell right back to sleep." She's a smart girl.
-Batgirl and I had fun with the twelve day's of Christmas. Not only did she help me prepare the gifts, but she helped me open mine up when it was time. She loved it. I forgot all about her Lego Advent Calendar till the week before Christmas. Luckily school was out so she spent all week making her creations. She LOVED it.
It's been great to have the hubby home from work. It's going to be a rude awakening for Flash as both Batgil and Papi go back to work.
Can you guess what his favorite word is?
-I had the opportunity to cut Mis Litos hair. Mi Lito also needed his fingernails trimmed. I told him they looked so lovely that next time we should paint them. Aunt N was there and said, clear with a hint of red. I haven't heard him laugh that hard for a while. Nails were successfully trimmed. I always love hearing him tell me to make sure I leave his wife "guapa." It's great seeing the love they have for one another. They are still sweethearts.
First day on the job as the Chorister for Primary. It was quite a treat. I can't sing very loud, so I explained to the kids that they needed to listen so they could hear. After I sung the first verse of the song a little boy in the front row replied, "I think your voice is beautiful." How's that for making your day. The kids are fun and excited to learn so that's half the battle. :) Wish me luck and send me ideas.
Also book club is at my house this month. Any suggestions on treats or books? I have to suggest a book.
I'm grateful for my healthy family. A fabulous, handsome husband that takes such good care of all of us.
2 comments:
For book club, read "Anatomy of Peace" by the Arbinger Institute. Very thought provoking -- great discussion!
Fun Post! I just read a book called The Seamstress I couldn't put it down. I will call you soon to get together.
Post a Comment