Monday, February 28, 2011

The Amazing Man in my Life

   We met November 2007. I thought he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen. There was something about him that made me want to get to know him more. He made me want to be a better person. We dated for almost a year. On again then off again. We (Batgirl and I) finally said either all (meaning marriage) or nothing (we break up for good). He made the best decision. (I might be a little biased:)). He asked me to marry him. We were married in December of 2007.

Our wedding day.

Another reason why I love him. He bought two rings and two bouquets 
(one for me and one for Batgirl).

Here we have a typical case of bed head. This man makes me giggle. 
I remember this day particularly. He had been outside chatting with the neighbors
without looking in the mirror.
 He was a little embarrassed, but I still think he's handsome.

He's so patient and kind. He has this amazing ability to see the best in everyone.
He's a wonderful father, friend and husband. There's never a dull moment with him in our lives.

Can he take a bad picture...I don't think so.

He's very entertaining to old and young. I think he was trying to be Superman.

He's an amazing dad. This was just after the birth of our first son. 
We had an extended hospital stay, but that's for another post. Let's just sum it up by he loves me.

He's AMAZING with these two.

Batgirl and her cousin played hair salon with him. He's a great guinea pig. 
He's fabulous with children in general.


  The year after I was pregnant was one of the hardest times of my life. I felt alone and ugly and fat and useless. Yet almost everyday he told me I was beautiful. Many times I thought he was "crazy" for sticking with me. Who does that? (Please remember I had a couple of unhealthy relationships). I definitely didn't feel it nor did I think I looked beautiful. He wasn't lying though. He truly thought I was beautiful.
  I learned what loving another person means in a healthy relationship. You love the whole person. All the good and the bad. The weak and the strong. He loved everything about me. He saw my weaknesses and instead of making me weaker, he had the ability to make me stronger.
   Since I met him, he has cared not only for me but for Batgirl. He has been my best friend, my husband, my boyfriend, a nurse, mother/father, therapist, etc (not necessarily in that order). He took on many roles and will continue to take on whatever is needed. I never would have survived my pregnancy with Flash without him. He always asked if he could do anything. I would reply half jokingly, "Just kill me. Put me out of my misery already." Obviously he never complied. He would simply reply that he loves us too much. He would continue to love me and try to make me as happy as he could.
Vacation in Nauvoo, IL summer of 2010.

I love him for that. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. I am grateful for that. I feel like I've found myself again after many years in hiding. It's good to be back. It's good to be married. It's good to be in love.

No comments: