In my journey to cut out processed food, I've been trying out new recipes. Flash and I love this one:

We only made plain and chocolate chip. He prefers chocolate chip. They melt and make chocolate oatmeal. Not too shabby. It's a great recipe you can freeze if you want. I found it
here.
She has a similar one using steel cut oats. I'm excited to try.
I really hoped to be better about blogging this year. Little did I know the changes I'd make in my life. I'm on a journey to be healthy. I suffered from CFS since high school. I have good days and bad days. I know that what I put into my body really effects how I feel. I'm one of the special ones that have to watch what I eat. Many people can eat whatever they want and feel great. I can't. It's been a hard learning curve. It takes much more time and effort. It's rewarding though.
There's some great information out there on ways to start and what to do. I started out the year on an Ideal Protein diet. It wasn't for me. My goal was not to lose weight but to be healthy. So I gradually cut out processed foods. Why?
It's interesting when I tell people that I'm cutting out processed foods, they often ask what that means. Here's a great resource. It's been fun to cook more and try new things out. We eat more salads and veggies. If you really want to change the way you eat watch FOOD INC. Any questions let me know. I know that isn't for everyone. I get that. I'm excited that I can do this and teach my kids more about food. Why real food is important for our bodies. Flash loves the green smoothies I make. Batgirl is working up to them. -Gracias a BlogPress
No comments:
Post a Comment