Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fourth Grade

Batgirl anxiously waited to start fourth grade. She was ready. Success. She left and came home happy. She had gobs of paperwork for me to go through. Then insisted we promptly go and get everything on her list. We hit three stores: Target, Office Depot and Costco. The school supplies inventory was low, but we made due. She is a delight. (Thanks to Grandma C for the outfit.) 

It's been a rough few months for Batgirl. Her Daddy D got married and moved. She really likes B (her new step-mom). She struggles with change. Her attitude has been down. She gets in negative moods. She'll tell me there's no reason to be happy. Going back and forth every week is hard. I wish she didn't have to go through all this. She's only nine. I am, however thankful for M. He's our therapist. He's helped us so much. She didn't want to go at first. I had to drag her kicking and screaming. Kidding, mostly. She's been through three marriages and two divorces. Sometimes life is rough. I've lost track of how many times she's moved. I've seen her smile and giggle tons this weekend. It's given me new hope. Her heart has been heavy. I think we may be turning the page on a new chapter in our lives. I am forever grateful for Batgirl. She is amazing. I hope that one day she sees how amazing she is and believes it. Until then, I'll keep telling her. 

We recently read You Are Special by Max Lucado. It's one we've had for years. This time as I read it to her, I think the message sunk in a little more. She's realizing she is special. When was the last time you read to your child? Batgirl reads very well, but it's been fun to read to her. 


Flash woke up and instantly wanted his mana (Batgirl) and papi. Both of which had left for school and work. He wasn't happy he had to stay with me. He loves to share green smoothies. He drank his glassful, then quickly inserted his straw into mine. I love his smile in this shot. 
He's so sneaky. We had a boring day of cleaning and laundry. We may have played a little in between. Cars were involved. They are a must with Flash.  

No comments: