Wow, I can't believe it's already December. These past few days have been busy. Princesita has anxiously awaited the snow. I'm sad that the big snow day is today. She is with her dad and I won't be able to enjoy her excitement. I imagine it though. Her funny thought for the day was Friday morning I was making oatmeal from a new recipe. It has sweet potatoes in it.
She said, "Mom why are you putting sweet potatoes in the oatmeal."
Surprised she remembered their name, "It's a new recipe," and then asked if she knew what they were good for.
"They help your heart and your stinkys."
After tasting the oatmeal she remarked, "Mom can you not make your new recipes and stick to the recipes that I like."
I busted out laughing. A 4 year old telling me I need to not try new recipes. :) I love it! She did eat most her oatmeal. I wonder why I keep trying. :)
Shade is going well. I worked all day Thursday and we had a meeting at night. I'm learning a lot about how the systems run, etc. It's a great company too. The girls I work with are fun. I'll try and take some pics next week so you can see the storefront and stuff.
Last night was my KSL party. I was worried because I didn't have a date. I was planning on going with my boyfriend...but since I don't have one...it makes things complicated. THANK YOU CHASSIE!! She came with me. We met at The Little America Hotel. There was dinner and a program. President Hinckley was there and spoke to us for a few minutes. He's so cute. We had a great time. We sat by Marcie and Devin and a tv photog and a radio announcer. It was fun to chat with all of them and and mix things up a bit. (Usually all the receptionists are at one table, then the IT guys, etc. We integrated.) Afterwards Chassie and I went to Cocoa Caffe and had hot cocoa. DIVINE. If you are ever in the neighborhood you must, I repeat you must check it out.
Finally, today I worked at Shade and then hosted a shower at my house for Trudy. It was fun to meet her future in-laws. I had to go back to work to help the girls out and finish some paper work. Then headed to the Gateway. Shopping there is chilly. I finished my errands and had a nice dinner with Aunt Nancy at Sam Pan. (Thanks for eating with me!!) Now I am winding down to go to bed.
Some news I suppose. My boss at Shade wants to line me up with a friend from UT county. Yikes right. :) I told her I would go just to let me know. I haven't been on a blind date in forever. I don't really want to date, but I suppose I'll have to sooner or later right? I don't know when it will be, but I'll keep you posted. I told her he had to be over six feet. :)
2 comments:
How are you doing cutie? Your alot better at blogging than I :p
We love you and you are pretty amazing. I've never done any electrical work, and I'm sure I'd burn the apartment down if I tried. I'd like to try out some of your recipes. Lili does a better job of eating vegetables than Milita. That's for sure. We're looking forward to seeing you at Christmas, and hopefully there will still be snow.
Post a Comment