The other day waiting for Speed Racer to start Batgirl impatiently asks, "Mom where's the remote, let's start." As if it was that easy.
I begged my hubby to hit me in the stomach or kick me in the head. I know this sounds violent, but it seemed like a good way off the pain, at least at the time. Yes it was excruciating. And no he never obliged. One evening he asked if he could do anything, I replied, "sure kick me in the teeth." Batgirl quickly answered, "I'll do it." I said, "You have to make sure you knock them all out."
She thought about it for a second the said, "I'll try my very best mom." She was ready and willing. It was so funny. We opted to read Captain Underpants. We are on the last novel. She loves them.
Last week, Batgirl threw a fit in the car. She didn't want to go to Costco. I finally said, "Fine we're going home and you don't get movie time."
She burst into tears, she was sobbing. Then I could hear her amidst her sobs, "My heart is broken," more sobs, "You just broke it into pieces."
I could hardly keep from laughing. She's such a drama queen.
Drama queen part two: On our way to Salt Lake she asks me for a little sister. (A common occurrence.) I said maybe next summer (-that is our generic answer. ) "No I want it to come this summer." Without going into much detail, I explained that it takes at least nine months for the baby to come, unless we adopted. She started sobbing again. She wanted one now. At dinner (homemade tacos, arroz, frijoles, aguacates, etc.) she told mis guelitos that it takes at least nine months for the baby to come. They were surprised. I had to explain our conversations.
6 comments:
I'm sorry you've been in so much pain. Batgirl's comments are hilarious!
She's so funny. I've had firsthand experience with her asking for a sister, and with her drama.
Sorry you hadn't been feeling good-it's a rotten, isn't it?! Glad you are doing much better. "My heart is broken, you just broke it into pieces" line is priceless! BTW, thanks for reminding me about Parents Magazine-that is the contest that did the poll for. LEt me know if you need anything! Love ya!
Glad to know you are feeling a lot better. Batgirl can sure come up with some funny comments. It'd be interesting to be able to "see" inside her head for a while.
I loved her telling me to take a taxi when she saw me walking earlier this week....so cute.
I am sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well! Glad your doing better :) Your little girl is sooo cute but I hate to see her face if you have a boy and not the little sister she wants so badly!!!!
Post a Comment