Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Facts and Thoughts

They say it takes at least 90 days to form a habit. The baby's helping me form some interesting habits. I'd be happy to break at any time. :)
April 25 days
May 31 days
June 30 days
July 31 days
Aug 15 days
= 132 days of Home care

May 28 days
June 30 days
July 29 days
Aug 15 days
= 102 days of TPN @ (approx) $700 a bag=$71,400 (It still blow my mind how much it is.)
I've had my PICC line for 104 days, although I do not see how anyone can get used to one.

Having insurance is a blessing. Being alive is a blessing. Having a delightful 6 year old is wonderful. A loving and caring husband doesn't hurt either. :)

Food for thought: peanuts aren't true nuts, but actually part of the pea family. So why is it that I'm allergic to only peanuts and not peas as well?

Good news: I've been less nauseated in the day and am able to do a few things. I still struggle with mid-late afternoon and evening.

November seems like ages away.

Libirvox.org has free audiobooks, mainly classics. I have an app on my phone I am enjoying them.

I have a friend that's pregnant and craves everything and eats all the time and gains lots of weight. What I wouldn't give to have a pregnancy like that. But I get to lose weight and have food aversions. Instead of craving pickles and ice cream I pray for something that will stay in my tummy. I can't wait to want to crave food again. Especially sweets.

TPN does a number on your body especially your blood sugar. My left hand looks like I'm a quilter. All my fingertips are rough with checking it numerous times a day. Next time you stop by I'll check your blood sugar for free. :)

Have a good week! I'm working on uploading pictures, but having a mac doesn't make it simple. Plus I need to get my husband to buy me the right firewire cable. So we'll blame him for now. :)

No comments: