Some persistent knocking at my door made me go upstairs and answer only to find some LDS missionaries looking for a Nancy Bunker. I said I was a Bunker, just not a Nancy. They proceeded to charlar or talk telling me they had a message. I told them I was a member. After five minutes of talking they were still wanting to come and share a message. I told them it was fine, but not necessary. Then the truth came out, someone had told them I was less active. I agreed, but not out of desire out of necessity. They asked, "If you weren't sick would you go to church?"
I told them, "yes." It wasn't convincing until I told them my calling before I was so sick. They finally believed me. It made me chuckle. I much rather attend church than vomit and be hooked up to a machine to eat everyday. They had good intentions, I'm sure. It just made me chuckle. I should have asked who sent them over.
They then asked for references, I'm sad to say I don't know many of my neighbors. They were surprised, until I told them I just moved in a month ago. They probably thought I was full of it. Oh well. It definitely made me giggle.
2 comments:
That's a funny story! Reminds me of a time when I was sent to visit a lady in the ward...she'd just had surgery, but I didn't know what kind. I said, "So...you just had surgery on your foot, right?" She clarified -- it had been a hysterectomy! Oops! But it got the conversation started! She forever thought I was an idiot, though.
I don't care who they were, just glad that someone visited you. Wish I were there. Love you!!
Post a Comment