Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fangs





Before

After

She's been begging for fangs for some time now. We recently got family pictures taken after Christmas. The night before Dad and Batgirl needed hair cuts. I was too tired, but of course nothing was open with the holidays. I caved and she loves them. It makes her look considerably younger, which isn't a bad thing. Did I mention she LOVES them.

Last Thursday we polished each others nails. I did hers first, then she did mine. After a couple of nails she commented, "I'm sorry their messy mom, but I'm not a professional."

I cracked up. I guess I can't technically say that, so I used it as an opportunity to share how much work it took for me to get to be a professional. She was so curious. "Did you practice on yourself and others everyday?" She was amazed. It was a great lesson for her, she's such a perfectionist. She gets frustrated when things do go right the first time, but she is learning that she gets better with time. This whole experience didn't take much time, but we both enjoyed it so much. I look forward to making time for moments like these this year.

5 comments:

AllisonK said...

Her "fangs" are darling!!

Bonita said...

I love the "fangs." So cute!!

ames said...

Very cute! My daughter has been begging me for some bangs herself. I keep putting her off. I might have to cave in now too.

Mila Cutler said...

I'm not a professional either. I need my professional to do my hair and other things. Love you.

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

Her fangs look way better than my fangs, hands down. What a cutie!