Thursday, December 9, 2010

Éxito

Success. I have been able to accomplish some things on my list. I'm feeling more and more settled. It's been fun and enjoyable. (All this in spite of having sick kids.)

Remember this:



12 days swap

I was finally able to get my package ready:


 I did take a cute picture, but it's hiding from me right now. :) Image the cute wrapping paper above with green felt #'s on them: 1-12 then an HB. It was just her birthday after all. I'll try and find the picture and upload it. I was pleased how they turned out. My mom saved the day and mailed the package for me yesterday. I'm excited for her to get it. :)

The picture above is a tutorial for those that need one. :) I read an idea on gift bag boxes in family fun magazine. This is how I did it. I saved random boxes and cut the top flaps off.
 I wrapped them like I would a normal present.

 I had my little helper.

 Finished the bottom edge like a present.

Cut lines to make the the top easier to wrap.

 Finishing off the top. I used double stick tape so you don't see the tape.


The almost finished project it all it's blurry gloriness (I think I just made that word up). 
I just need to punch two holes on each side and add ribbon. I'll try and get a final picture up soon. So easy and cheap to do. I had most the supplies just lying around. They turned out cute. I'll put them next to a regular gift bag so you can get the idea. ENJOY.

2 comments:

AllisonK said...

That's a great idea. Especially for heavy gifts!

Mom's great about saving the day!

Super Pi said...

I thought that you were showing us half wrapped presents that you were sending to your friend. Then I realized that you were showing how to make the gift bags. (I'm slow on the uptake) Adorable! I think I will have to steal this for another time!