Thursday, December 9, 2010

Éxito 2

I did it. :)
Meet my family of baxes.

It didn't take me as long as I thought. It was really easy to punch the holes. I just used random ribbon I had leftover or saved from various projects. I even added some embellishments.

Few tips. To save time measure about 18" of ribbon for each handle. If using thicker ribbon use a little more. (Of course I like handles you can actually hold onto. If you want regular size use 12").  I used a regular size hole punch and then tied a double knot with most ribbon. I measured the middle and went one inch each direction for most of the baxes. (It's my new term).  I love the way they turned out. I don't think I'd make them every time I needed something, but I will definitely keep saving the boxes and make another batch to have on hand. I love being able to reduse, reuse, recycle. Plus I think they are so cute. Let me know if you have any questions. If you need a bax or two call me. Now I can finish organizing the presents I have and what I still need. :)

2 comments:

Shelley Parker Chandler said...

Okay, what is a "bax"? Is it a bag you made from a box? Are there instructions somewhere? I'm interested.

Shelley Parker Chandler said...

Whoops! never mind. I read the post below and saw the explanation. CUTE!!