Friday, December 10, 2010

Thoughts on lists

I love lists. It's kind of therapeutic for me to write a list of things I want to get done and need to get done. I can clear my mind before bed or just before relaxing. It also helps me to remember. I have something known as mommy brain sometimes.

This past year I've been so full of emotions. Gratitude for health. Family. Friends. God. Home. Faith. Church. Neighbors. Charitable Husband. Daughter. Son. Food. Being able to taste food. Not throwing up more than once or twice in a year. Miracles.

In spite of having sick kids. I've slowly been getting projects done that have been in boxes for years. I have a box going to the Christmas Box. It's has clothes, toys, hygiene supplies. I love knowing that some kids will be so happy to have something of their own. I have other piles of things to be wrapped. We've hung up more pictures. Life can often times be overwhelming. So much to do, so little time. So many people to help, not enough energy to take care of my kids or myself. There's a scripture that says by small and simple things great things come to pass. (Not an exact quote). I love this, because I see it in everyday life. If we do a little bit everyday our piles will disappear. Our challenges don't seem as big and life is great.

I finally added pictures to the side of my blog. I've been wanting to do it forever. They aren't the best. But they are there and gives me more motivation to go organize my pictures and find the ones I really want on there. I also gave it some festive colors. I do love red. Enjoy. (If you are reading this via google reader, which I love, take a moment to visit the actual site and let me know what you think. :))

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oooh, I think it looks great! Very festive.

granny said...

I love the red. Of course, I just love red...my favorite color. Loved your lists and thoughts as well...I'm so glad you blog so I can get a little peek at your lives up there. Wish we could see you more often.

AllisonK said...

I'm glad you are posting more. The photos on the sidebar are fun.

Francisca and Chris said...

You have a BEAUTIFUL family :)

Shelley Parker Chandler said...

I'm glad to see the photos (and the translator for the Spanish posts)! :)

Celeste said...

love the red, love the sweet babies, love you!