Monday, May 16, 2011

Dejar ir


Letting go
has always been a hard thing for me to do.
Batgirl cam home from her Daddy D's. I gently showed her these pictures and told her that Guelito (Abuelo) was no longer eating. He was getting old and his body was weak. He was dying. As we spoke and shared tears, she was not wanting to accept it. She cried, "I don't want him to leave!" She didn't want to lose him. She adores him. Since birth they have had a very special relationship. She always worries and prays for him (and Guelita). She understands as much as an eight year old can. 

I'm so blessed to have learned from these two how marriage and a relationship should work. I love seeing her take care of him. Listening to her talk to him. Making sure he is not in any pain.
I spent a short time with him Sunday. He asked about the kids and wanted to make sure we were giving Batgirl the attention she needs. He's aware of her current struggles.


I spent a few minutes reading El conejo Pedro (Petter Rabbit). Mi tía was there with me, but she let me sit next to him. I'm always grateful for the moments I get to spent with these two.

As my sister stated much more eloquently than myself, I'm not ready. I hesitated to write anything on the subject. I thought I would just direct everyone to her site. Then I remembered that our experiences are different. Our struggles are different. Our talents are different. (She is very talented :)).

I know that soon Lito will leave his physical body. His spirit will move on. We will be left to mourn and share memories of him. It will only be a short time without him. Soon enough we will be reunited. We will be able to see him again. That makes letting go possible. It's not easy, but I'm grateful for the peace I feel in their home and the peace the Holy Ghost gives me. I know su hijo y padres están esperandole en los cielos. Esto me hace feliz. Sé que tiene mucha gente esperando su llegada.

6 comments:

AllisonK said...

Not more eloquent, just late night ramblings.

I'm glad you posted.

LOVE YOU!

runningfan said...

Sorry about your grandpa. I'm sad for you, and for Batgirl. Hang in there...

Jessica said...

Blasted! Why do I check these blogs in the middle of the day while I am at work? I loved your post. I was thinking about how this is going to be difficult, but then I realized that I have had Guelito in my life for 37 years... we are so lucky that he has been around for all of our lives.

I think Raymundo, Guelito's other children, his parents, and aunt Nancy are all so excited for him to come home. Blasted, I'm crying again.

I love you Sylvia. Our family is eternal. Thank heavens for that!

Emmy Z. said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa. I'll be sending my prayers and good thoughts to you, Batgirl, and your grandma.

granny said...

So sorry you are going through such a difficult thing. Our prayers are with you all.

Shawna said...

I am thinking of you and your family at this time. I know you will find the peace that the Gospel brings. Your family is so strong and I love you all. What a great man he was. Love to you Shawna