Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hashimoto's y Gluten-Free

You may have noticed it's been a while since I lasted posted here. I'm not sure where to start. 
I'll start with a cute picture of mi Guelita. (It's not a flattering foto de mí). 

The beginning of May started out with a visit to a Naturopathic Doctor. I've struggled for some time and new I needed to do something new. I was exhausted. We discussed my issues and then set a plan on how to feel better. I gave some blood and saliva. A few weeks later we discovered I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and my adrenal gland was overworked. I started taking Nature-Throid the next day. I couldn't believe how much energy I had. It got better everyday. 

Fast forward another couple of weeks and I had a gluten and food allergy test done. I now adhere to a Gluten-Free diet. It's hard for me to not eat tortillas de harina. I'm coping. 

1 comment:

Emmy Z. said...

I'm glad you're finding things to help you feel better!