Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bring it on

This is my PICC line after it was changed 8/24/09
(Pardon the self-photograph thanks to my iphone)

Notice the redness? It was actually bleeding and ending up scabbing over.

Aren't I lucky? Something I get to look forward to every week. Once a week they need to change it. It's all self-adhesive. You can see the guard in the middle and that too is like a super sticky sticker. After four months, my skin is starting to be really irritated. It's even bloody where the guard is. It's quite the experience now. They rip the layers off and then clean it with antiseptic. It feels so great. The trying thing is, that it bothers me all week now, instead of just one day. The nurse reapplied the bandage in the same spot as before so all my scabs will be ripped off next week. Something for me to look forward to.

The doctor told me on my recent visit (9/1/09), that there is a wrap that they can put on it, that contains no adhesive. I will ask for that.

The original title of this was going to be devastation. That's how I've felt a lot lately. It's so hard. It's not getting easier, but more and more things keep happening to make me miserable. (Not sleeping at night, really bad pain in lower abs, etc. the normal joys of being pregnant.) I cry a lot and am really depressed, but who wouldn't be when one barely leaves the house in 5 months. I try to tell myself that there is an end, but then I think about PPD and all the fun stuff that I get to deal with after. (It was hard for me after Batgirl was born.) So I cry harder.

I decided today to try to do things differently. I'm going to try to have a more positive attitude and remind myself to be grateful for what I do have. And try to find ways to serve others. Here's to new beginnings. My sweet friend posts a few things she's grateful for at the end of every post. So I'm going to adopt that and share it with you. Any other ideas tips for survival are appreciated. :)

Agradezco por:
1. Batgirl and mi amor
2. Air conditioning
3. Padres y suegros (in-laws)

3 comments:

AllisonK said...

makes my skin hurt just looking at it...

I love the gratitude you have added at the end of your post. We love you and are praying for you.

Mila Cutler said...

I love you!! Hang in there. Wish I was there to help.

runningfan said...

Sorry things are so tough right now! If we lived there, you and I could hang out. It sounds like we have a lot in common these days... :)